Lincoln-Telford Division is a part of Lincoln University.
The Telford Campus has a long and proud history of training New Zealand farmers. Our campus extends over 921 hectares of farmland with halls of residence and facilities, technical workshops (machinery, carpentry and welding), classrooms and livestock units. You will gain real-life, practical training under the supervision of experienced tutors, farm managers, equine tutors, forestry trainers and/or local apiarists.
You will also have regular work experience on external farms, in your area of study, as part of Lincoln University's qualifications.
Telford Farms are run as a commercial entity. The farms provide a commercially realistic ‘classroom’ to develop your farming skills. Each week Telford Farm Managers have up to five students undertaking work experience.
Telford Farms consist of:
- Sheep and Beef Unit: 330 hectares (eff)
- Deer Unit: 155 hectares (eff)
- Dairy Unit: 172 hectares (eff)
- Farm dogs: over 30 student dog kennels are on-site.
- Forestry Unit: 65 hectares
- Apiculture Unit: Hives are situated on campus and around South Otago.
- Horticulture Unit: One hectare, close to the halls of residence and kitchen area.
- Equine Unit: Eight hectares