1. Situated on a commercial farm in South Otago, Telford Rural Polytechnic (TRP) is a specialist polytechnic recognised for its applied approach to teaching its core compencies, agriculture, horticulture, forestry, equine studies, rural business, rural safety and rural fire and rescue, all at sub degree level.
Owing to the specialised nature of its activity base, TRP has a unique role in supporting the rural sector as part of the Tertiary Education Network of Provision.
2. This Investment Plan is prepared in a time of unparalleled change in the sector and against a new policy framework. The Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) has planned a full review of agriculture provision across the tertiary sector to be completed by June 2008, as a result a significant change to this plan may be necessary for 2009/10. The Plan is in four parts.
- Context. This part will out line the economic, social, environmental, political and technological factors that impact on rural education, consider the sector’s needs both regionally and nationally, stakeholder needs, TRP’s contribution to date, and TRP’s alignment to the TES.
- Three-Year Outlook. This part will look at how TRP will meet the requirements in the future including types of programme, delivery methods, new initiatives including demand, anticipated outcomes and areas needing development.
- Summary of Activity. EFTS and funding for 2008-2010 are given.
- Key Performance Indicators. KPI to achieve the shifts and demands discussed previously are developed.
Investment plan full document (PDF)