Why study with Telford?
Telford – a Division of Lincoln University – can provide you with a sound balance of knowledge and skills with a rural focus. Graduates can apply these skills to career opportunities in the rural sector or further study. The Telford campus is situated on 921 hectares of rolling, South Otago farmland with sheep and beef, dairy, deer and equine units, as well as 60 hectares of forestry. Mechanics, carpentry and welding workshops are within two minutes’ walk of Telford’s Halls of Residence.
Telford’s Certificate in Farming (Dairy) will serve the needs of school leavers, people who may have changed careers, or adult learners new to the agriculture industry. The competencies gained will help ensure that the graduate is prepared to move into employment as a dairy assistant.
- Health and safety requirements (dairy)
- Animal husbandry (dairy)
- Milking (dairy)
- Animal handling and health
- Pastures and feeding livestock
- Fencing and water reticulation
- Motorcycles and quad bikes
On successful completion of this programme, a graduate will be employable as a dairy farm assistant, and in addition, be able to assist with general agricultural farming. All graduates will have the opportunity to progress their career in the dairy industry through further study.
Telford Certificate in Farming (Dairy) (Level 3)
One academic year (37 weeks), commencing in February.
- Be aged 16 years and over.
- Have completed three years secondary education
- Have reasonable likelihood of success at Level 3, including the physical ability to manage the work without putting self and/or others at risk, and an adequate level of literacy and numeracy skills
- If English is not your first language you will be required to provide evidence of competency in a test approved by Lincoln University, for example an overall IELTS test score of 5.5.
Five and seven-day boarding are available in our on-campus halls of residence. Students are encouraged to apply early.
Want to know more?
Visit us at an expo, or come for a campus tour or enrol in Telford’s Taster Week
For more information please call us on 0800 835 367 (0800 TELFORD)